About clare kendall photographer
Clare Kendall is a multi award-winning photojournalist with over twenty years experience in print media. A Geography graduate from Southampton University she settled on a career in journalism in the early 1990s and after completing a further post-graduate diploma in Photojournalism began work as a newspaper photographer and sometime writer. A number of papers later, Clare established herself as a successful free-lance press photographer in the West Country supplying regional and national media with coverage of North Devon. She came to London in 2001 following an opportunity to work for The Daily Telegraph with whom she stayed as a news and features photographer for the next seven years. In recent years Clare has worked mainly for magazines, charities and corporate organisations focusing heavily on ecotourism, environmental and social justice issues. Clare is a regular contributor to Geographical Magazine and one of the handful of photojournalists with excellent writing skills.
Clare Kendall lives on a houseboat in West Berkshire and is carbon neutral.
NEWSPAPERS: The Daily/Sunday Telegraph, The Times and Sunday Times, The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, The Mirror, The Sun, The Star, The Independent and Independent on Sunday, The Guardian/Observer, The Western Morning News, The Metro, The Sydney Morning Herald, The New Zealand Herald, The Express.
MAGAZINES: The Ecologist, The Telegraph Magazine, Geographical Magazine, CNN Traveller,You Magazine (Mail on Sunday Supplement), Woman Magazine, Australian Woman's Weekly,Canvas Magazine (New Zealand Herald supplement),In The Know Magazine, Easyjet Traveller, The Best of British Magazine.
CORPORATE/PR: English Heritage, The National Trust, John Lewis, Waitrose, The Royal Mint, The British Library, The Bible Society, Tearfund, Esure, The Arts Council of Great Britain, Graylings PR, The SPAway PR, Launch Group PR, BAA, South West Water, Accor.
RECENT WRITTEN ARTICLES
- Life on the Edge of Warming World - The Ecologist.
- Winter in the Great White North - The New Zealand Herald.
- The Amazonian Chernobyl - The Daily Telegraph.
- Mushrooms to tackle oil pollution - The Daily Telegraph.
- Welcome to Kroo Bay - The Daily Telegraph.
- The Angel of Freetown - The Mail on Sunday Magazine
- Ecuador Rewrites the Laws of Nature - The Guardian.
- A Refuge in the Rainforest - Geographical Magazine.
- Lake Natron Eco-Camp - CNN Traveller
- Henry Body-The Fastest Pensioner in the West
- Crude Justice - Geographical Magazine
- Travel Photographer of the Year 2006 - Portfolio commended.
- The Press Photographers Year 2007 - Winner News Features.
- Environment Photographer of the Year,2008, - two images short-listed.
- American Photo Magazine,Images of the Year 2008 - Winners Gallery.
- The Black and White Spider Awards 2010- Winner, Second Prize, Still Life category. Nominated, Photojournalism category.
- The Press Photographer's Year, 2011. Two images short-listed
- The Black and White Spider Awards 2011- Nominated Still Life category and Architectural category.